At GCSKnives, we encourage you to use your knife safely.
GCS KNIFE SAFETY TIPS:
- Always handle your knife with care!
- Cut away from your body, not toward it.
- If you drop your knife, let it fall. Don’t attempt to catch it.
- Never run with a knife.
- Don’t throw a knife at anyone. Hand it to them, handle first.
- Never point a knife at anyone.
- Do not use a locking blade if the lock will not lock open. Make sure the lock is working before using it.
- Keep your knife folded or sheathed when carrying or storing.
- Use a sharpening stone, not a power grinder to sharpen your knife. A power grinder can make the edge brittle and will void the warranty.
- Use the right tool for the job.
- Don’t use a knife for prying. It can cause the tip to break, possibly causing injury.
- Use in a well-lit area, so you can see what you’re doing.
- Do not use a knife on “live” electrical items like appliances.
- Keep your knife clean, particularly the locking mechanism.
- Keep your knife oiled and sharp. A sharp knife is safer than a dull one.
- Don’t try fixing a GCS knife yourself. It is dangerous and voids the warranty.
- If you get cut, seek first-aid immediately.